Thursday, May 13, 2004

Getting back on topic

Gave my first complete GMAT yesterday. In one word it was "Tiring"! I guess I just haven't been used to sitting and concentrating for such long periods of time. Its been a long time since my GRE, for which I din't feel any pressure or strain. I scored a dismal 640. Surprisingly my verbal which I felt I was doing better in the test turned out to be the kill joy. Math was surprisingly decent, inspite of a bad feeling while doing the test that I was getting it all wrong.

Kaplan strategy seems to be working for some of the situations, so I might spend more time understanding the strategy and solving a whole bunch of problems before venturing back into the full version tests. But definitely there is a HUGE difference between doing the test with pen and paper as compared to the CAT. Also must remember to sit 3 hours stretches while solving problems to get used to the intensity of the test.

On a side note, I was speaking with KN yesterday about MBA and the GMAT. I think it helps me articulate my thoughts in the open to actually understand what I feel. It also relieves the tension somewhat, maybe that is why people go to psychiatrists in the first place. :) Also, I think I have fired some neurons in KN's head over doing a MBA, not that he needed much pushing he was already thinking along those lines, but talking to me is probably helping him as well. Looks like a win-win situation so far, don't feel I am taking advantage of his patience. I hope he decides soon, after looking at the Brit-Chick's Blogs, it appears starting out a year and a half before the term you wish to attend might not be as early as you should have started. MBA calls for a serious investment of time, effort and money. No wonder I wasn't interested in doing it before my epiphany.

To paraphrase Robert Frost I have miles to go before I sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home