Monday, May 17, 2004

Back to work!

Weekend has come and gone. Did not get as much work done as I wanted too, but it was a curious result. I scored 640 in the first powerprep test I took. I was contemplating switching between Kaplan, Arco's or ETS. I did not like the English and formatting in the Kaplan and Arco's book. Just din't feel it was up to the mark as ETS questions and the ambiguity and vagueness in English was enough to throw my score off. So I solved some 150 problems from ETS, 50 each in Data sufficiency, Reading Comprehension and Critical reasoning. Scored about 5 wrong in each of them. Which works out to be about 10%. My conclusions on the excersice were:
1. The ETS practice problems are too easy, and I need much tougher problems to crack 700.
2. There as been no improvement in my score from last week, when I was at the same 10% error mark.
3. Due to 1. Above, I have been pacing my self very nicely with an average time of 1:46 mins per question. Offcourse the ease of use negates the outcome of the score drastically.

All in all, I am disappointed with my performance and the work I have been putting in. The mantra remains "Concentrate on all sections, and study harder".

I stopped by Borders instead of Barnes and Nobles last Friday. Read some bits of the How to get in the top MBA programs it seems like good stuff. It is highly recommended by Pablo and others, so I am going to buy it. But looking for an essay companian, which will help me get over the 25$ mark for free shipping as well prove useful in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home