Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Haven't been running lately!

Running is definitely on the top of my favourate things to do. Unfortunately I haven't run this week and it is making me bad tempered. The reason being, one of those freaky moments. I was walking with the wife, when just as my foot was about to come down on the sidewalk, I noticed something about to be crushed into oblivion. With this super dextrous combination of a hop, skip and lunge, I arrested the downward movement of my leg and avoided stepping on an earthworm. Sadly though, the dextrous move seems to have done some damage to the iductor muscle in my leg, it twinges everytime I step heavily let alone run. So I have been left wondering whether I did the right thing in choosing to risk personal injury, over the life of an earthworm which would have died anyway, in the near future, (A lot of birds seemed to be around, and they had that hungry look in their eyes). Maybe a swift death would have been better than being eaten alive. Besides it doesn't look very macho does it? If/When the earthworm crosses over the rainbow bridge and is asked, "So why are you here?" And is forced to reply, "I was eaten by a bird as an afternoon snack, because I was dumb enough to walk around in the sunlight!" as compared too, "This huge foot got me in the back when I wasn't looking".

Hmmm, and why is this mentioned in a MBA Blog? Probably because I was wondering if I could use this incident to showcase my compassionate nature in some essay? Hmmmm too much time spent on introspection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home