Thursday, February 10, 2005

Life

It's been extremely hectic these days with each day bringing something new to either think about or do. Blogging unfortunately has suffered due to my preoccupation, as has my reading. Unfortunately the things that have been occupying my time aren't things that I care to remember 10 years down the line regardless of how passionate I am about it today. But for the record, I just completed a pet project to build a server-side advanced file management system. Other things that I care to remember like this non-profit organization that is my pride and joy, are too personal for me to reveal. So I am left with nothing to talk about.

However some things that have morphed from nascent ideas into concrete entities are our travel plans with several reservations being made (in some cases several months in the future) and money being plonked down. This week we set of on our first leg of a six month weekend travel plan. We will be flying to Phoenix, AZ tomorrow, hopefully we will get to do a spell of spelunking at Kartchner caverns about 160 miles from Phoenix. Along with some camping and hiking.

Unfortunately the planets don't seem to be propitiously aligned towards outdoor activities with rain and snow on the anvil. The weather gods weren't appeased with my offering of a bitten cheek (it bled quite profusely) and deemed it too measly to banish the rain and bring on the sun.

On a tangential note, it never fails to amaze me that one point of time weather was such a complex and mysterious phenomena that people actually attributed it to weather gods. While researching on the weather on our sojourn, I ran across hordes of articles on low pressure building up and high pressure zones with cold fronts moving in, etc. till science ran out of my ears (I have to admit I like that stuff, I even watch the weather channel for fun). As and when scientists and innovators of the time discovered the reasons behind the weather changes and could predict(?) changes relatively early enough to take the sting out of most calamities, weather gods became a thing of the past banished to the interior parts of Africa where their only supplicants are mad shamans. Which brings me to the next obvious question, What will happen after we discover the reasons and mysteries of life, death and birth? Will we stop believing in god? Will religion as we know it collapse? Will people pray to scientists? I wonder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home