Monday, January 31, 2005

YUCK!

That is the most politically correct statement I could come up with after seeing "Are we there yet"?. That was definitely by far the worst movie I have seen in a long long time. Considering the drama that led up to the time we actually took our places in the movie hall, I was hoping it would be a rolling on the floor clutching my sides laugh riot. Unfortunately it was worse than a damp squid.

I was too busy killing the Protoss and the Zerg to make it for the movies in time. So we had about 30 mins to get to the theatre, buy our tickets, and grab our seats. Just as I was in the process of slamming the door shut, I remembered that I hadn't picked up the house keys. So at around 10:00 pm there was a mad dash to leasing office to pick up a spare set of keys before they shut shop for the day. Picked the spare set, and ran about 150 feet and up three flights of stairs to grab my key set that was lying tantalizingly close to the door. Followed by a mad dash to the leasing office to return the spare keys and pick up my driver's license that was left hostage for the good behavior and prompt return of the key set. Luckily there were no cops on the road as I careened through the traffic, making good time by honking at people and throwing dirty glances at mere pedestrians who had no clue as to what was at stake while the sauntered across the street at stops. Dropped the wife to run and grab the tickets while I parked the car. The semi empty parking lot and lack of crowd in the theatre should have warned us. So should the first 20 mins of the movie. But we suffered through waiting for the funny parts the trailers promised. Karma usually has a way of getting to you and all the bad Karma I had accumulated on the drive over culminated in a horrendous movie. That was the only bad moment in an otherwise great weekend, were we hiked around our local trails and met friends and family.

I was chucked out of the kitchen and asked to help by not helping during the dinner we threw for our extended family. But I wasn't complaining since I got to teach the Zerg exactly who the boss is in this dimension.

If you haven't played StarCraft ignore all references to the Zerg and the Protoss. Oh and school (the courses I am taking at Berkeley) begins next week and I am getting along famously in Calculus. The old magic seems to be coming back, and the book I am using is helping by dumbing down the difficulty for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello aregon23, I have been looking for information on self-study mba and I found your post about YUCK!. Maybe this was not exactly what I was looking for but I was glad that I found your blog which has given me some new ideas that I can use on my own site. Blogs are a great way of sharing news and views.

November 05, 2005 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi aregon23!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a .com business hosting small web
site. It pretty much covers .com business hosting small web related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

November 09, 2005 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home