Monday, May 02, 2005

Hitchhiking

Being a huge Sci-fi buff, had to catch Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy on the first weekend it was released. I found the movie 'interesting', with the usual poetic licenses that directors take while dealing with popular books (a la LOTR and Harry Potter). The audience at the local AMC seemed to be really into the movie, laughing where appropriate without prompting from a laugh track, but I couldn't help but wonder how people who had never read the book could relate to the characters that Mr. Adams immortalized? There just wasn't enough time in the script to flesh out the characters and allow people to identify with them IMHO.

After procrastinating for the last couple of weeks, I finally buckled down under the pressure and opened up my accounting books yesterday. I have a test today and while flipping through the notes, I realized that I dint have the notes from the class I missed while attending DJ early in April, so will probably have to wing it. (Just how I am supposed to wing things like recording Natural resources depletion I am not quite sure, but I will have to figure that out by this evening if I want to maintain my A grade in the class).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home