Monday, April 18, 2005

Kool-Aid

Just got back from Destination Johnson yesterday, and as I dragged my sorry ass into bed Sunday night I realized that I had been continuously on the go for 3 days. But all in all I had an awesome time. I guess at events like this, the school broaches the emergency stash of kool aid and merrily drenches all prospectives to the skin in a rain dance.

Having said that, I have to admit I loved it. I walked away feeling really wanted, pampered, reaching out for my check book before I knew it to sign away a hundred thousand dollars and two years of my life. Cutting through the kool aid, I met some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to interact with. They were all super smart and without the slightest air of self importance about them. I went to DJ with questions about recruiting and the program but the news out of Cornell was reassuring and I found all my questions answered.

The current batch of prospectives were simply fabulous to say the least. Other than maybe one idiot (I could be jumping the gun here) who shall remain unnamed, it will be a pleasure to winter with these folks when Ithaca freezes over. I was completely blown away by the qualifications and backgrounds of my future classmates. It was intimidating to say the least.

Coming to the subject of Ithaca, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be. To the contrary it was an upbeat town, and a lot larger than I had expected. Its distance from civilization and cold winters are still points to be bitched about, but no longer in public! :)

More individual details about DJ tomorrow. I will sign off by saying, I am quite happy I was granted admission at Cornell and will certainly be attending come fall. I think it is going to be a great two years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home