Friday, July 30, 2004

Opportunities

I am in the midst of writing this essay for Columbia, which asks for one opportunity I have identified and taken. I was walking down memory lane and going the list of opportunities that I have seized in life. I have decided that though the event I am eventually going to write about happened some time ago, I want to write about it mainly because it pretty much changed the way I led my life, and has contributed largely in bringing me where I am today.

The opportunity doesn't have anything to do with business decisions, but are more personal decisions. But I can talk about the things I had to change inside to accept the opportunity and how it has led me to where I am. Isn't that what essays are all about? Or should I write about a business opportunity, which did prove beneficial but not necessarily as shattering as the other one. Hmmmm.

On a side note, there was this guy sailing a R/c boat in the lagoon near work, distracted us during a meeting and caused me to comment, "what happens if his boat runs out of fuel". And wonder of wonders it just did. He is out there paddling his kayak to bring the R/c boat back in tow. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave for MBA said...

I was talking with Clearadmit.com the other night and Graham commented that despite what people think, an essay doesn't alway's have to talk about business as long as the question is answered. In fact he went on to say that too many people have the essay and business terribly misunderstand. And this coming from an 8 year Wharton Admissions committee member.

P.S. You're mean! Poor guy in the boat. Although, I wasn't annoying anyone like that guy... My motor on a boat I had broke down once and I had to paddle nearly a 1/2 mile to get to shore. NOT FUN! :)

July 30, 2004 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi aregon23, I have been using Blogger's search feature to find blogs about online degrees college universities and came across your site. I did find your post about Opportunities quite thought provoking. While I was really looking for information on online degrees college universities, I am glad that I found your blog which has given me some new ideas. Thanks for sharing.

November 05, 2005 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found your site.Please
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
2005 august retail sales
It pretty much covers 2005 august retail sales related stuff.
Have a good day!

November 09, 2005 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home