Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Click

Took a deep breath and hit the submit button for the Wharton application today, a full day before schedule. Pretty happy with the application as it is right now. I am putting it away so that it doesn't bother me any more, I would hate to find any mistakes at this stage in the game. So the ball is in the court of the Admission committee members, good luck to them and me.

I do feel a little naked at the thought of strangers reading details so intimate, specially thoughts on my failures and perceived lessons learnt. But I guess writing this blog was supposed to cure me of some of that nude feeling I had anticipated as getting by posting here. Obviously not!

I see quite a few people have made that jump towards applying in the early round. Strangely I am not feeling tense or nervous. I guess taking over 3 days to pour over the application to ensure that there are no mistakes leads to a feeling of ennui and carefree attitude. The possible cause could also be shock, that having worked single mindedly on this one moment for the past 6 months to the exclusion of everything else in my life, it is justifiable that I am shocked that all it took was a click of a button to gift wrap and deliver my life to bunch of anonymous people to dissect and discuss, maybe end up as a joke over dinner or a speech to the next lot of applicants. Truly a scary feeling.

Well with one down and 4 to go, I have miles to go before I sleep (To paraphrase one of my favorite poets). I am quite confident with my Cornell application as well. I hope to fill the final details to the form tonight. After which it is Kellogg, Michigan and Chicago time.

But until then, I need to work on one of my recommender's and ensure that my second recommendation is submitted on time. My other recommender submitted the first one this morning. Called me up to tell me it was in the mail, scared the bejesus out of me by first claiming to have rated me in the top 40% bracket only! After seeing my misery confessed to have done a good job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home