Thursday, October 14, 2004

Dang!

Despite promising myself I wouldn't proof my application after submitting it, I had to do so unintentionally. I was attempting to cut and paste the data between the Wharton and Cornell applications, when I realized that one of the dates I had for my employment start date on my Wharton application was off by 4 days! DANG! DANG! DOUBLE DANG!

Well it was not intentional, and it is just matter of 4 days, I did send the Wharton admission office intimating them of the same, but I just hope they don't end up penalizing me for it, or it reflecting badly on my record as being unable to proof a simple application. Well we will see.

Yesterday when I was driving home from work, the low fuel light came on. This is probably the first times I have seen it ever. I rarely let the gauge get under the 3/4 mark but I was driving my Wife's car. Despite knowing that I needed to fill gas when I set out, it completely slipped my mind when my wife made me run some errands for her before I got to the pump where I usually fill gas. Anyways back to the story, I managed to find a pump close to the freeway (2.65$ per gallon? And I thought we invaded Iraq for oil? The pump was near Stanford so I guess that explains some), filled up and got home. But the gas tank running out of gas is EXACTLY the feeling I am getting right now with my enthusiasm. I have been sleeping 5 hours a night or less for the past few weeks, with the constant pressure of getting everything done on time. I was reading a post by destinationmba07 and I can completely relate. For 6 months now I have done nothing but eat, sleep and breath GMAT, applications, essays and information sessions. The only friends I have left at the end of this time are my fellow bloggers. I desperately need to recharge my batteries and need to get away.

We were planning to go to Mexico over the Thanksgiving break, but not sure if it is the right decision to make. We want to travel around the world 'IF' I get into a good school, so not sure if we should spend extra money going to Mexico when I am going to be unemployed for 2 years soon, specially with the added cost of a world tour. Ah! Sucks to have to make these decisions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home