Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bugs

It just happens to be one of those days when you wake up from bed and wonder why you bothered too, in the first place. It all started out by seeing Ants.

While I am pro nature and I really liked the movie Antz, I draw a line when those pesky creatures decide to make my car their domicile. Seeing them walking on the door frame without a care in the world, triggered of something primal in me. I jumped out of the car, and hopped around trying to brush them off with Kleenex. If you have ever tried to brush an ant off, you will appreciate my predicament. Those damn bugs, cool as a cucumber, started walking down my arm using the Kleenex as some sort of bridge. After twenty mins of my Vitus dance of trying to shake them off, I had to get going. So instead of taking the big hint and jumping back into bed with the covers pulled high, I went out to brave the world.

As I got to work, I found out that hell had broken free, with an extra ordinarily difficult customer problem just being reported. Being under my purview, my team was more than happy to wash their hands off it and leave me holding the proverbial hot potato. After working on the bug (yes another euphemistic cousin of the ant) for most of the day while fighting off extreme drowsiness with a couple of cans of Mountain Dew, I managed to blow the production environment. Bringing a complete halt to the repair efforts as well as business for the customer. So now I am in deep crap and it isn't smelling too good. Cornell never looked so good.

Through this entire process, I have been trying to dislodge a couple of intrepid and very persistent ants who have taken residence somewhere in my shirt. As soon as I get home I am going to burn these clothes right before I jump into scalding hot water. Even if I burn my skin, I am going to get those ants. Muhahahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home