Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Essays

Finally, I feel the creative juices churning. It seems like those shots in movies where they keep flashing different images in rapid successions. All these random bits and pieces from different essays keep coming in my head. I'll admit it is kind of fun. I thought I would write all my drafts for Wharton first and then put them aside to attack it at some point of time in the future. But I am so hyper-active right now that I have already started on draft 2 for the first essay without completing drafts for a couple of other essays. Crazy! Does everyone go through these cycles?

Came across another blog that wasn't too happy about the syndication of their posts. I can understand why people want to turn off their RSS for this purpose, but it is going to make my life a little difficult. I love using a RSS reader to read all the blogs I am following (and they are quite a lot, close to 20 at last count) and I would hate to let go of this feature. While separating their MBA lives from their personal one would make for a good solution to the syndication problem for most people, it would make for very drab reading. All the current blogs I follow are very interesting because the personalities of the people who write them are so vivid and come across so sharply. Unfortunately, I have no solutions, it is a situation that each and everyone of us who blogs close to daily have to decide based upon their comfort level. I am just being selfish here by wanting status quo, which will call for the least effort on my part.

For my part, I think I have maintained my anonymity quite well. Yeah there are instances I reported upon like the r/c boat etc. that will make it very easy for my colleagues at work to identify me, but other than a couple such posts, it would be difficult for someone who I don't spill the beans too, to track me down. I did meet up with Swoop personally, but I was comfortable with having him know me on a personal basis and don't mind him reading my blog at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home