Friday, October 15, 2004

Deuce

Another one bites the dust! Just sent in my Cornell application, I am a 180$ poorer but this was a relatively painless application. I was a little curious as to how Cornell was going to decide upon my personality, my attributes and chances of success with such low demands from the applicant. Just 2 essays, and both relatively straightforward ones. But I hadn't counted on their activities section which was a little tougher than normal. It actually asked for a description and why you liked that particular activity. It ended up being just as interesting and a lot more fun, though less intensive than other applications that ask for 5-6 essays. I had to come up with reasons why I liked to Read, build model r/c planes, run, travel and ski. I enjoyed that process needless to say. Wish I had added a couple more things, but was pretty exhausted at the end.

From now on though the schedule is a little less bunched up. With atleast a week separating each of my next due dates. This gives me time to refine the strategy a bit. Off course it is getting easier to fill the forms, a lot more cut and paste than before. I still find a couple of typos I missed the first time around which sucks but goes to tell you how, no matter how much time you spend proofing your applications, mistakes do creep up. Small insignificant ones that only show up right after you hit the submit button. Well whatever, nothing I can do about what has been submitted. I only hope there are a lot more people like me so I get to ride the bus as they call it in cycling.

I was thinking (in the shower obviously) the other day, there is truth in the argument about biochips after all. Think about it, if your entire life was registered on a small little chip, all you would have to do is send the data across to who ever asks for it, a college application for example. I wouldn't have to enter tons of stuff about my parents, my transcripts, my activities, because it would all be written down for me. All I would have to do is work on my applications and push the people writing my recommendations occasionally. Cutting down the laborious process of applications completely! How cool would that be?

Wharton thankfully has received my official transcripts. I was beginning to doubt the dependability of the US Postal Service. Swoop who sent his documents by FedEx had his application complete before mine, despite sending his transcripts almost a week after mine. But then I realized that since he had submitted his application before me, they probably matched his supplementary information first. Received an email this morning at 6:00 am telling me that my application was complete and forwarded to the admission committee.

Well it being Friday (TGIF), I want to take the evening off. Will take the wife (who has been extremely supportive these past few days in putting up with my preoccupation with the applications till late hours of the night and early mornings) for a movie and dinner. Then it is home sweet home to sleep the week's stress away. 5 hours of sleep a night for the past week is turning me into a zombie. Then it is Kellogg with a vengeance over the weekend. I still need to do some work on my essays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home