Thursday, November 04, 2004

Solstice

The winter solstice (December 21) is the shortest day of the year. As we move towards that date, it gets dark pretty early in the day. With absolutely no news, not even a peep from Wharton, it appears as if my personal solstice is going to come sooner than expected. There are less than 14 days to the deadline for interview invites. Though people say that the bulk of the invites are issued towards the later half as compared to the first half of the cycle, I can't help but wonder if my application made the grade. If it was really as good as I thought it was, shouldn't it have stood out and garnered an invite straight of the bat? Could something else on my record have caused the anomaly? Did my recommenders do as good a job as I expected?

These self doubts are slowly creeping into my system. Luckily I am quite busy at work and with my other interviews, that they don't overwhelm me or run my life. But I would be pretty disappointed if I am not considered good enough to make it in the upper 50% out of 1750 applicants!

Other than this everything else is chugging along fine. Just received a note saying that my Michigan application is complete, which was pretty cool considering it was the last application I submitted. But I will only be hearing from them after Jan 15th , which unnecessarily prolongs the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home