Thursday, October 28, 2004

Blow!

One thing that I hate is stupidity, and when the stupidity is self inflicted it is even more annoying, but what makes matters worse is when it is repeated. (There goes my claim of learning from my mistakes and not repeating them again).

For the second time in this application process, I rewrote an essay. I offer this not as an excuse but to explain circumstances - I have 4 computers (2 at work and 2 at home), and have cause to work on all of them at different times based upon workload and need. So I usually need some sort of source control on the various essays that I have worked on in the past 3 - 4 months. I manage this process by uploading files to my internet account and consider it as the source of truth.

Coming back to the main story, somehow there was some slippage (the stupidity factor) and I rewrote half an essay that looked as if it were pending from the first time I wrote it. Luckily as I was updating my files on my work PC from my "source control", I was more cautious than usual and actually checked the file before over writing the version when I found the previously completed essay. Unlike the last time, this time there was a major difference in what I had written. It was the same situation (thankfully), just better written the previous time around. So had to jettison my latest work. Something that I worked late into the night on, if I might add. As you can tell, I am mighty angry at myself.

But on a better note, I have my Michigan essays ready to roll, which frees up my weekend for the election coverage. Politics being one of my serious hobby, I am usually glued to the television as and when the election coverage takes over primetime TV, and I fanatically follow the polls as they close and the networks call the states. I remember the last time, I was up until 2:00 am while I was waiting for them to call the presidency. My shameful confession is that I was rooting for Bush and quite mad when they initially called Florida for Gore. I hope that this time I am backing the right horse as well (Go Kerry) , with the Chief Justice of the Supreme court expected to be out sick, Georgie Porgie might actually have to win fair and square before he gets to stay rent free for another four years while he runs the country into the ground like his previous businesses. Here is my pitch to everyone out there, this is a very important election, with a lot of things including the direction of the supreme courts for the next 30 years on the line. Regardless of party affiliations, DO VOTE!

I realized not much MBA stuff in the post, but hey I am just starting to get back to the rest of my life as this application cycle draws to a close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home