Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Futility

In a sheer waste of time, energy and effort, I seem to be addicted to the BW and S2S boards. I have been following numerous arguments, fights, discussions and pontification, all of which sum up to zero productivity at work.

Up until now, I was pretty happy with my attitude towards this interview process, expecting it to happen when it happens. It was only after people started reporting interview requests, did the pressure get to me. Now I find myself scanning my email and the forums every few mins to check the latest updates and it is playing havoc with my remaining applications, work and life. I am sure all my fellow bloggers and applicants are facing the same nail biting anticipation that I am facing. According to some of the numbers put forth by someone on S2S, the chances of getting an interview call from Wharton is 55%, the chances of getting an admit if called for interview 58%. The numbers don't seem that bad, except when taken against the bigger picture which is the caliber of the applicants who go to schools like Wharton, Harvard, etc.

Today, like many others, I received an email from Wharton, jumped with joy for a minute, before realizing that it was to take a survey on my reaction to the Wharton seminar I attended. A huge letdown and an insensitive move on the part of the person who initiated the survey. This isn't the time to receive any information from Wharton other than an interview invite or ding. Anything else will just add to the agony of the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home