Friday, October 29, 2004

Bugger!

Bad news travels in three's? Is that true or am I just coining a new phrase? Just read both Brit-Chick and PowerYogi's blog where they mentioned that one of their applications might slip to R2 because of complications. Here is my tale of woe to round up the troika.

I somehow missed the deadline to schedule a Chicago interview. The last day was the 22nd of October, written clearly in my diary but it bypassed in the urgency to submit various applications. I called the admissions committee to check whether they could make an adjustment since the last day for interviews is November 26th (different from the scheduling date). An adjustment would allow me to get something going in the interim, but the response wasn't as welcoming. I was told that there is a "structure", which needs to be followed.

Thus, with my carelessness I blew away one of my favorite schools. I am really disappointed with myself and the situation. I know the gaffs that I have been reporting over the past couple of days paint a pretty dismal picture of me. But I assure you this is not how I usually am. If anything I am anal about taking care of small details, paranoid about missing dates and deadlines and just great at keeping track of things. It is just that there is this feeling of being overwhelmed by everything that is happening so fast. These activities have so much impact on my future that I am compelled to ensure that everything is just so. Working on my applications in addition to a job that calls for long hours is not doing good things for my mind.

I just hope the irons I have in the ring already take me somewhere and the mistakes I have made, are rectifiable in the short term future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 06, 2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 07, 2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home