Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Stampede

I was walking in the corridor outside my classroom last night, trying to get my circulation going after sitting through 10 hours of work and 2 hours of class. At the very same instance a different class (statistics I think) went on break, either their professor had gone on too long or the students had indulged in a little too much soda to stay awake but they were on a mission. As I was walking by the restroom door, I could see the whole class enmass making a beeline towards me. Now I am see quite vividly what happens when you get between a bear and her cub or a rhinoceros and water. I almost got pushed in the restroom myself and it was only with great dexterity and agility, I weaved and bobbed my way out of the stampede and weakly made my place back to my class and seat. Thrombosis be damned! I wasn't going to risk the stampede again.

While on the topic of class, what is it with people who bring burgers and fries to class? I can understand people feeling peakish, even a little hungry, but to responsible for wafting the smell of fries under the noses of several other hungry students when they are trying to study is a little too rude for me. I have been known to munch on chips and pop a soda right in the middle of an important point, but this? A little too much, don't you think? Specially when the person sits right behind you and makes loud noises while he chews?

The professor yesterday seemed to be completely charged up. Keeping up with our Jungle analogies, he was charging through the matter like a bull elephant through the weeds. I could barely keep up with his notes let alone understand the matter under discussion. I guess that is going to require some extra amount of time spent over home work. To add insult to injury, the professor was pleasantly surprised that he finished his lecture notes about 15 - 20 mins earlier than scheduled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home