Thursday, May 19, 2005

Changes

This is a long over due post, that I attempted to complete and send out several times over the last week, but for some reason or the other never could. But enough is enough so here is the post, warts and all.

There have been several things on my mind these past couple of weeks involving my blog. I have been chewing on the age old question, whether to maintain my blog once I start business school or not. Or whether to change the format and make it a personal blog as compared to a MBA related one. Going by Oldman's blogging experience, I am of the impression that it may not be the politically accepted thing to post dissident opinions, especially in a small school like Cornell. I am not sure, I can exert enough control on the content matter I post and it is very likely that I will step out of line very soon. But on the other hand, unlike several of the bloggers out there, I haven't been 'outted'! I have to some extent maintained my anonymity, despite several lapses in judgment and discretion on my part. Besides I am pretty much done blogging about the application process and have gone cold turkey on BW forums and S2S for over 3 months, leaving me bereft of topics to blog about vis-à-vis application issues.

Another thought that I have been working on (more diligently) has been my attempt at dropping blogger. I was getting tired of working around blogger's flaky software, so I decided to branch out and set something up on my own. I have been playing around with this domain I bought a long time ago and have been experimenting with software that will better suit my needs (WordPress is the prime candidate right now). In case you visited my blog last week and noticed some flaky behavior on the look and feel, it was as a result of me trying to transfer all my posts from Blogger to the other domain. I am extremely happy to report that despite all my attempts to screw things up, the process went off albeit with several hitches, and if anyone decides to migrate their blog over from Blogspot to any WordPress supported sites, I can definitely provide some guidance. I am still tweaking the site and the style sheets before I release the URL (if at all).

1 Comments:

Blogger aregon23 said...

Tougher to recognize Sardarini's than Sardars. :) It is nice to see someone like cows other than me. Sometimes I really miss seeing them add a new dimension to the perils of driving. :)

Congratulations on Cornell, I am sure we are going to have a terrific time.

When do you plan to arrive in Ithaca?

May 31, 2005 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home