Monday, June 06, 2005

meme'd

meme n.

A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.


Apparently I have been handed the baton by Dave, and asked to list the last 5 books I have read in the recent past. It was interesting receiving this meme, especially since I was just reading about the huge meme floating around (something called the musical baton), where you have to list the amount of music saved as MP3's that you have on your hard disk, the songs you heard last and those you recommend.

In the truest of geek traditions, people apparently tried to track that meme down to its source and hit a road block when one of the roots of the meme failed to credit the person who tagged them. I had a faint suspicion about the meme being originated by the RIAA to run some sort of unofficial census on the proliferation of pirated music or by music companies to get an idea of whether launching an online music site would draw enough customers.

Well getting back to the meme under discussion, reading is my passion and I am a voracious reader. My reading tastes while eclectic in terms of genre, is strangely rigid when I get down to it. Upon deciding the genre that I am in the mood for, I read by author as compared to by book. I pick up every book by a particular author and read through them all before going to the next genre. So my current stack consists of a mix of some old favorites and new stuff, but since we limiting it to the last 5 books ...

So without further ado:
1. The world of P.G. Wodehouse - P.G. Wodehouse
2. Do Butlers Burgle Banks - P.G. Wodehouse
3. Hickory Dickory Dock - Agatha Christie
4. Death in the Clouds - Agatha Christie
5. The A.B.C. Murders - Agatha Christie

To perpetuate the meme the bloggers I irritate are:
Swoop
Sorebrek
MBAFarbe
iWhoElse
MarkAndJie

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave for MBA said...

Nice. Well done.

June 09, 2005 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home