Monday, August 23, 2004

Back from Chicago

Amazing how you feel the effects of jetlag after spending just a couple of days in a different timezone. But I guess the lack of sleep during the entire trip has a lot to do with it as well. My reflections on Chicago? It is a WONDERFUL city. Unfortunately I dint get a chance to visit any of the schools on my list, had to substitute as a chauffeur for someone and that took all Friday morning. Family functions on Friday and Sunday evenings coupled with a sojourn to Indiana pretty much sealed the coffin on my school visit plans.

I did get to go to the Univ of Chicago on Sunday evening, it was closed but what the heck, it was still beautiful. Wish I could have talked to people there, it would have helped form an impression about the school. But I did fall in love with the city all over again. Its been over 5 years since I visited, and the city has grown prettier than what I remember from the last time around.

Haven't had a chance to read the blogs or catch up on Olympic news, but I want to concentrate on my essays for now. With time getting shorter, I am getting nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home