Monday, August 16, 2004

Essay Revisions

I had someone go through my Wharton drafts, and I think I got back a little more than I can chew. And going through the comments, I can only say I concur, my essays are pretty terrible. I thought I had some good subjects and interesting stories, but the key as I am coming to realize is in the telling of the story. A good story, badly written is only slightly better than a bad story. So it is back to the drawing board. I am going to make some modifications to those essays, or at least change the tone in them before tackling a new school. I think only by getting a satisfactory set of drafts out there, can I get anywhere with the other essays.

So my current state of mind is unhappy but hopefully I am motivated enough to act on the suggestions and write better drafts. I will need to pull my weight this week, cause of the upcoming Chicago trip, which will eat another of my weekends. God how time flies.

But I can have no complaints about the last weekend, it was simply great. I met a lot of new people. Mostly spouses of friends, and they were all such diverse fields that it made for some very easy conversation. Sunday was spent in catching up on chores for the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home