Friday, August 13, 2004

Nothing accomplished this week

Every since the Wharton drafts went in, I haven't had a chance to do much work on my applications. Deadlines at work and Terry Pratchett's at home have conspired to keep me away from my applications. I don't know if anyone even reads the discworld series, but if you like British humor and sharp satire then Terry is your man. Being a voracious reader, I love reading, but collecting books has slowly gown into a hobby. One reason I hate to move, and feel need to buy a house very soon, is the pain of moving all my books.

This weekend promises to be fun filled, with no chance of getting any work done. On Saturday, I am going on a picnic with friends, people I had started this non-profit organization with some years ago. We have cause to celebrate and BBQ followed by some kayaking and hiking seems to be the way everyone wants to let their hair down. On Sunday I am going for a hike on the Dipsea trail, a 14.2 mile round trip from Muir woods to Stinson beach. Should be gruelling.

But I have promised myself to work very hard next week on the applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home