Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Impossible to work at home

With the Olympics these days it is impossible to work from home. Despite reading about it in the news over the Internet, I have to go home and watch the damn thing for a solid 3 hours. Sleeping at 12:00 am is spoiling my early morning runs, since I am too sleepy to drag my ass out of bed that early. Grrrr I was trying to get work done during the commercial breaks but how can you concentrate? I am only glad I am done with my GMAT because studying in this atmosphere would be impossible.

I wrote this little Java program that counts down the time to the various deadlines. Planning to add to it and schedule tasks that need to be completed by that day. Probably a bit of organization will help me get off my ass. But other than that there is no progress to report.

I noticed that Blogger has introduced a new toolbar type search on the top of the screen. So I click on the "next blog" link and it took me to some pretty darn funny websites. I thought using the Google search facility they would discern that mine was a MBA blog and put me in a container with other such blogs. Boy, was I mistaken, stumbled across a 18 year old's blog, and it was so funny to read about the things kids think about these days. *Sigh* It seems like forever that I was so young. Those simple problems that seem earth shaking at the time sound so quaint and silly.

It also gave me a greater feeling of being a voyeur in someone's life. That blog seemed more like a private diary than something to share with the world. Blogger isn’t doing anyone favours by allowing indiscriminate linking and view of people’s blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home