Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Cold Reality

For the applicants out there planning to apply for R1 - do note that there are only 2 months to go. I woke up with a start this morning sweating, I dreamt that today was the day. Freaked me out completely. I was out of bed at 6:00 am booting my laptop. Off course once I got online, had to go through my usual routine of checking email, blogs, news, and S2S. That pretty much killed 2 hours. And by then it was time to get to work. BUGGER!

Still I am planning to pull my socks up and suggest other R1 applicants if you aren't like Brit-Chick, (who already has drafts for 2 schools ready for review), get down to some serious business. I guarantee that the basic stuff like entering information on those webforms is going to take a lot more time than you imagine. So atleast start doing that in the free time you don't spend on your essays. (I have recruited my wife to enter the basic information on my employment history, information, etc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home