Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Trip to Chicago

Booked our tickets to Chicago last week on Expedia, but for some reason they haven't billed me for the entire fare. Waiting for that to go through before I book my car on Priceline. Don't want to end up having to cancel the car, specially if the tickets don't go through for some reason.

I have finally kind of finalized on my application strategy. I plan to apply to 5 schools in the first round and 3-4 in my second. I would have loved to apply to Columbia in my first round, but I have to apply to some safe schools in R1 else this whole process might be wasted. :( I know, never apply to schools unless you want to go there, but I love Michigan and would love to go there. Same goes for Cornell, though it is my safe school, I really like the things it has to offer me.

I was vacillating between applying to Harvard or not, and I finally decided to go for it. I want to focus on leadership for my post-MBA career and nothing gets better than Harvard for that. Again I am sliding it to R2 because I can't handle more than 5 schools in R1. I dint want to even get to more than 3 in R1, but scared of complete rejection. Having read about 3app's experiences and dings, I want to be smart about my application strategy.

So the goal for this weekend is to finish one draft of all my essays for Wharton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home