Thursday, September 30, 2004

Mesmerizing

I am no fan of TV, and even less of reality shows, but I have been making it a point to watch the Apprentice lately. I guess this new found addiction is in part due to my travails through the business school application process. I am not sure if the producers are doing some creative editing or whether the women they picked for the show were a truly bad sample set, but whatever said and done, it appears as if these women just can't work together! They suck as a team, hate each other, appear disorganized and seem to have no original ideas. Every time the men come up with something these women follow, like the ice cream cart location in the previous episode to cleaning the restaurant in this one. How do these women expect to be taken seriously in the business world after portraying such lousy images of themselves?

If I remember correctly the last time around the women kicked ass so badly that the men were decimated. I guess this time the producers decided it was time to change the story. If the guys had made it to the boardroom, I could bet that the guy making all those gay jokes would have gotten the boot.

And after all that, I sat down to complete my Kellogg application part I. I have no idea why I keep procrastinating on this task, but I finally finished last night. Then I had my wife proof read the application till about 1:00 am, which made her miss the alarm (she had to wake up at 5:00 am for a meeting with her management team), and I felt terrible to see her scrambling around at 6:00 am trying to get on that call. These early morning and late night calls and meetings are a bane to her, and by extension my, personal life. Since she runs a team in India and the US, she has to be on top of things in both places and it is one of the hardest things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home