Friday, September 24, 2004

Feel like a fool

I don't have anyone to blame other than myself. For some reason, I spent a number of hours yesterday working on my Cornell essay, and when I reached the last bit where I had to speak about why Cornell, I decided to visit Johnson School's web site to fine-tune my reasons. While browsing through the courses, I got this strange feeling of deja-vu that I couldn't shake off. So I went to my online account where I store my latest application related work and voila! There was a completed set of Cornell essays that I had apparently worked on from home.

This is the first time I have goofed up this badly. The only reason this happened was that I hadn't crossed out the essays from my "to do" list. So a lesson learnt and an observation from this snafu. The lesson? If you rely on external aids to do the "remembering" for you, make sure it is updated every time. The observation? Funnily most of the essay that I had written again was almost an identical replica of the first essay. That was a remarkable coincidence. I am not talking about common stories, but right down to the words and sentences.

So I quietly kicked myself for having completed one application and not realized it. It is back to Michigan for now and since I am slightly ahead of my new schedule. It has me thinking as to whether I might be able to scramble abroad my old schedule. We will see.

I did catch a couple of TV shows last night, the Apprentice was one of them. For the past couple of days they were hyping it up as "Rules being broken in the boardroom, yadda yadda". Strangely I dint see any rules being broken, did anyone get what the promo was all about? Oh and I thought the men kicked ass this time. I dint think getting a completely uninterested, unrecognizable Mike Piazza qualified for a bigger buzz than a bunch of fire eaters. I liked that touch where they had put a tooth paste in the hands of the statue. Thought it was cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home