Monday, November 08, 2004

Nada!

Nothing to report by ways of good news. As usual Wharton plays the role of the stereotypical boyfriend not calling back after the initial contact. Still waiting patiently, with just the slightest tinge of paranoia and hysteria creeping slowly into the darkest corner of my self confidence. I have checked my email about 5 times since 6:00 am and the Wharton site once (when my email was down). With half the day gone already on the East coast, I have decided to let go the refresh button and get on with my work and meetings which are slowly but loudly clamoring for attention.

Had a productive weekend (I think). Went over some of the common questions that are usually asked, and tried to come up with strong answers. Some key points that came up during the conversation:
1. Be brief and succinct, don't go over the top while answering questions. Answer to the point and if the interviewer wants more detail, he/she will ask for it.
2. Prepare a few takeaways, pretty much like essays there needs to be a theme that the interviewer will remember when he/she reports on the interview.
3. Stay away from contentious issues. Focus on the broad picture and don't get negative.
4. How ever much you hate some people you have worked with or situations you have been in, try not to let the bitterness creep in the conversation.

Other than that happy interviewing.

The by now routine ferrying of business casuals from home to car to office parking lot, went off without a hitch. I did try to learn from lessons learnt in the past. Wore formal pants and shoes with my scruffiest T-Shirt, since I can always explain the pants to curious colleagues as a necessity due to jeans being in the wash. The switch for the shirt is quite easy as compared to the whole outfit.

Saw the Incredibles in the theatre on Friday last. It was a decent movie, and I might just buy the DVD, but thought it more of a formula film, with stereotypical (hmmm, second time I am using that word in this post, so it seems as if this is the word of the day) storyline and canned humor. Nothing to touch Shrek I or Bugz life, movies I thought were hilarious and out of the ordinary. I have to say though, I liked it way better than Shrek 2, which let me down very badly. As you can see, I am a huge fan of animated comic strips, something to do with a misspent childhood I imagine.

Well onto work and hysteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home