Thursday, November 04, 2004

Progression?

I have been in meetings all day today at work, basically dealing with a re-org in the group. With the company planning a merger/takeover in the near future, it seems to be the season for minor (and some major) reshuffles with political vendetta's leaving bloody traces on conference room walls. I expect a whole scale blood letting after the deal goes through which will make what is happening right now look like a walk in the park.

Interestingly though, I walked away from this situation with a little more than what I walked into the room with. The role I was performing till date was actually formalized, and has led to a change in my title as well as an increase in responsibilities (which was not totally unexpected but pleasing nonetheless). I will be playing a larger business role now and a lower engineering one. I wonder if I should make a note of this and send it to the admissions committees of the various schools I am applying too? Or is this a little to silly a thing to report?

Thanks to these meetings, I haven't been able to scan through too many of the blogs (not that there have been that many new posts) or follow inane meaningless discussions on BW/S2S forums (that I miss when I don't read them for a day). Well the night is young. Will catch up on my reading tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home