Friday, November 12, 2004

TGIF

Yet another Friday has come and gone. It never ceases to amaze me how time flies. I remember my undergraduate years, when time seemed to crawl, some days were so hot, slow and lazy, that I spent quite a bit of the day in bed with a good book, refusing to peak outside my bed covers. And now, the only way I can keep track of the passing weeks is by what I did on the weekend.

Last year, I was standing on the top of Mt. Dana (~13,010 Ft) all alone around this time. Just taking in the beauty of Mono Lake and the beautiful forests below me. I could see the other 13,000 Ft plus peaks around, rising serenely in the horizon. The road below, tiny and serpentine, with cars the size of ants, scurrying around their business. I remember thinking to myself, "this is bliss. If time froze right now, I would feel too bad".

Now here I am, living life that is so busy, I don't have time to smell the roses. One thing this application process has done, is made me very aware of myself and my goals. Regardless of how things turn out in the future, I am sure that things are going to be very different once I am done with my application process. That is one thing I have promised myself.

This weekend promises to be quite busy yet again. I plan to study for my Cornell and Chicago interview, as well as make another excursion to the shops, in the hope of getting a decent suit for my Cornell interview. Next weekend will be a little too late for Cornell (since I will be flying to NY then) and I want to be on the top of my game for the one university that has shown great interest in me.

Here is wishing Swoop, good luck for his big Kellogg interview tomorrow. Hopefully he should do a much better job than what I accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home