Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Skittish

That's me!

I have been so jumpy today it is not funny. With the knowledge that schools often call people to let them know about admissions decisions in advance, I have been jumping every instance the phone rings, tripping over furniture and being extra nice to surprised telemarketers. I know Wednesday is a little too early to expect those calls, but tell that to my nervous system.

This morning as I was just grabbing breakfast the phone rang, and I dropped everything and jumped to get it. In the process I lifted the phone of the hook and my butter fingers dropped it right back in the cradle effectively disconnecting the line, and driving me insane when I couldn't find out who had called. The same thing happened, when I was walking into my building and the wife called from her office, so the number flashed as unavailable, and I was so clumsy pawing at the keys that I cut it off, luckily she called back to let me know it was her. I guess it was the quick combination of the call missed at home along with the all on the cell phone that got to me. And now I am much calmer. I am sure IF I get that call sometime down the line, I am going to throw some serious doubts in the mind of the caller when there is no shriek of happiness when they pass on the message. I am going to go "Oh really? Thank you for calling." HA!

On other news, I did catch about 5 mins of the apprentice clone the rebel billionaire, the people there are so lacking in personality, and the tasks so poor, I can't get myself to get involved in their petty lives. So I switched off in less than 2 minutes. But I did catch a few mins of the Animated Charles Shultz on ABC, which in my opinion should never have been made since Snoopy was never meant to be a animated strip. The subtle jokes have flavor ONLY when read with the limited context of the strip. So I clicked off again and I went shopping on Amazon and Discovery store (I usually hate going to the physical stores, and will only go on sufferance, but online shopping is a joy for me). I felt that much better in the end having beaten the nefarious idiot box at its hypnotic mind numbing game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home