Thursday, January 06, 2005

Bloodshed

Whadya know? Heads have been rolling all morning up the management chain. Regardless of the environmental concerns, rivers are running red with blood. It is kind of weird being a passive observer this time around, bumping into people walking the corridors like zombies with deeply furrowed foreheads, and at the same time having to step aside when others come dancing merrily with a hop, a skip and a jump in their strides. Some managers have been raised to virtual kings from the mere Satraps they were the week before. Moving from running 100 man operations to 1000. While I am curious to see how they manage the influx of responsibilities and power, I am pissed because it is going to affect the stock price and by extension my ESPP which I was counting on to meet some of my MBA bill. Rookie managers are not known to inspire confidence on the streets, specially when introduced in these numbers.

In an otherwise normal year, I would be at the water cooler with the rest, straining our ears to get some sort of inkling of the storm brewing, instead, I am hard at work, trying to wrap all my deliverables that have been pending for ever while I got my applications out of the door. While this was the week for the Kings to be humbled, next week is reserved for the plebeians.

I have struck all thoughts, of hitting R2 for GSB, from my mind. I don't have the time nor energy. I am so sorry to do that, what with all my passion for GSB. All I can do is curse the essays they compiled. I don't have any creativity left in the bank to pay the price for good essays. So instead I am changing gears. I am looking at Sloan with a set of much easier essays to meet my quota of 6 apps for the year. I guestimated that it would take me less than 4 days to crank out the application with nary a stress. So I plan to do that first and the take the next week to decide if I really want to apply to Sloan. When I first researched schools, Sloan was on my list but I dropped it for favor of Michigan to hedge my bets. I considered the Sloan program tougher to get into that Michigan. Now it is back on my list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home