Thursday, December 23, 2004

Investigation

I have been researching the WL stories from last year's BW Wharton threads and have compiled a pretty decent sized treasure trove. Not knowing anyone who has been WL, I am not sure if I there is any point in putting the compiled list on the blog. If anyone wants information on this topic, feel free to ping me, leave a comment or drop me an email. I will email the research to you or just upload it to the blog.

With that out of the way, I have been making small inroads in the HBS essay list. I still need to find a third recommender, so am busy scrambling around for that. I do have several people in mind though, some of who, I approached a long time ago. They are pretty efficient writers so it should take them too long to pen their thoughts.

Goals for the current long weekend:
  1. Get a first draft of all HBS essays ready for the first read through.
  2. Make sure my recommenders have copies of my essays and are steadily chipping away at the 250 word answers for each question.
  3. Beg my wife to fill in the online form and the transcript template.
  4. Do some internet shopping for self I have my eye on some things like this cool Mars Pathfinder and a new computer

Anyone out there who plays with toys? I am not talking about the rinky dinky ones but more the big expensive Rolls Royce of toys like the Lego Ultimate Collectors Series or GeoMags or model aircrafts or R/c? I just love the stuff and usually collect them. I don't think there are very many parents out there who buy their kids stuff like the Star Destroyer, which retails at upwards of 300 $. But if they exist LUCKY LUCKY kids. The only way my wife allows me to splurge on toys is if I promise to hand them down to my nephew after I am done playing with them. But I have a pretty cool collections, even if I say so myself, only given away one of my smaller legos to my nephew so far. Hehe!

Hmmm, maybe I should have put this under hobbies for the Wharton Application, and a small note saying I will let you play with my toys if you admit me! That might have just tilted the deck in my favor. You think? :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home