Monday, January 03, 2005

Morpheus

Happy New Year y'all. Hopefully everyone has had a good break, drunk moderately and worked hard on those essays (yeah right!).

For some reason I seem to have inverted my normal sleeping hours and have been staying up late every night during the break. Not being as young as I was, this makes me lethargic and slow the next morning. It is almost as if there is sand in my eyes and I can't get rid of it. Early in my career (till quite recently actually) I used to have a sleeping bag under my table where I would catch a few Zzzz's when afflicted by sleep during the day. Off course those days I could spend the previous evening partying away till dawn and come to work fresh as a daisy. But with the passing of time, the increase in responsibilities and the need to set an example, the faithful sleeping bag has been banished to my closet at home. I do have a soft gel wrist pad that doubles up as a pillow when the push comes to a shove but it just doesn't have the zing of a sleeping bag.

Regardless of the time I spent awake, I unfortunately did not make much headway to wrap my HBS application (though it is under control). The usual deadline drama continues to plague me and HBS isn't turning out to be the quick and easy dunk I thought it would be. Running through the application form itself was an exhausting effort. I can't believe they want that much information. I don't understand why they can't stick to the basics like the other schools and if and only if granted admission (when the applicants have the incentive), demand such detailed information.

Michigan on the other hand sent me an email today asking me to log on to their system on Jan 14th to check the status of my application there. Again not very propitious news since I will be left with less than a week to decide between Michigan and Cornell (if granted admission). I wish they had released their results a little earlier to help their applicants with their decisions.

I am eagerly waiting for Jan 7th when I will hear from Cornell on the possibilities of aid and scholarship. I hope to snag a piece of the pie, making Cornell even more attractive to my money grubbing hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home