Monday, August 09, 2004

Done with Wharton essay draft's

Finally finished at least one draft of each essay I plan to write for Wharton. On last count I overshot essay 1 by close to 800 words, and every subsequent essay by at least 200 words each. As you can see I am pathetic with word limits. Every time I look at a draft instead of cutting it down I seem to be adding words to it :) But it sure is much easier to modify drafts as compared to staring at a blank screen while adding content.

I am going to give some finishing touches to the couple of drafts I am not that happy about, and put then Wharton essays aside for a week or two. Hopefully Chicago essays should be out today, and those will be my target of the week. Having gotten my basic themes straight I hope to do a faster job with Chicago than Wharton. I can hopefully cannibalize some of my Wharton essays to meet the bill. One word of advice I received from the alumni I spoke regarding cannibalizing essays was that if you don't answer the question asked, your essay will stink. So I don't plan to just copy and paste, instead I will rewrite each topic individually but have the prior drafts up in front for verbiage and themes in places where they fit.

Saturday last was simply wonderful. We went for a great run, recorded a real fast time for our customary 4 mile jog (thanks to the GPS we could actually profile it). Saw some brilliant pelicans along the trail, and ended up going to Berkeley for the afternoon. We spent a quite evening watching the low clouds come in while wind surfers cut up the water, hitting close to 30 miles per hour in the gusty winds of the bay. A wonderful day off, something we haven't had the chance to do in a long time thanks to this application process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home