Thursday, August 26, 2004

Not much going on besides revisions

Though I have been making progress on my essays, I really haven't gotten much done beyond a steady pruning effort that is slowing giving shape to my Wharton drafts. I am trying to put as much effort into this process as I can, because this is the corner stone of all the other apps that follow. I am still on target to come with some sort of final draft by end of this week, with slight polishing required in the future. I am also planning on filling out the biographic stuff for at least a couple of apps this weekend. For my Transcripts, I will probably ask my grad school to provide official transcripts to all the schools I am applying for, but for my undergrad I plan to self report mostly, and if granted admission will submit the official transcripts.

To all the people out there who are applying in R1, make sure your GMAT scores and if required TOEFL scores are sent to all the schools in the near future. You don't want to scramble around for that in the last minute. A number of people I know seem to be dropping out of R1 and applying in R2. I wonder if I should do the same? It would positively suck if I was wait listed, since that would mean an additional 3 months of torture. The tension is mounting and other than scramble around to get things organized there is nothing much I can do.

The question I had for the other applicants out there was, "HOW are you managing to do a good job with your apps? Considering that the app process has to be balanced with a full time job and in most cases family as well. I am curious because I find myself perpetually strapped for time and unable to focus completely on all aspects of my life. Am I alone in this? Or is it just that everyone goes through the same issues? Where is the time to do justice to everything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home