Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Revisions do help

I have been going through my drafts after putting it aside for a week almost. And I can already tell the difference, it is easy to spot the errors in writing and disjointed sentences. Another good thing about this process is, I am looking at the essays very dispassionately, and that makes it easier to wield the red pen. I have cut more than 300 words already from draft 1, and while I have added some content or rather articulated the words better, I find myself left with a cleaner, sweeter and sharper story.

One of my friends who got into the top 3 business school sent me some snippets of his essay and that almost gave me an inferiority complex. The writing style is so crisp it makes you want to admit this person. If I can only achieve that effect, I should do well.

S2S is degenerating into a vulgar fight on some of the threads I have been following. Sometimes I wonder how some people have so much time on their hands to post such long detailed posts. Atleast AlexB gets paid to do that, I wonder how the rest get time to lead their lives.

On a side note, for people living in the bay area, we are planning a meet soon. Swoop is taking the lead on this, so if you are interested in swapping notes or strategies, drop either of us a line and we will get you on board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home