Friday, September 17, 2004

Kellogg drafts out of the door

Was up late last night trying to wrap the last of the 3 big Kellogg essays. And finally while juggling between watching glimpses of the Apprentice I got it off the ground. Mailed it to my reviewer at 12:30 am before crashing into bed. I am pretty happy with the way these Kellogg essays are shaping up. I don't foresee too much change between these drafts and my final essay other than minor changes in grammar or syntax.

My strategy for these drafts has been slightly different from what is prescribed in the Montauk guide. I found that Kellogg asked direct questions that required direct answers, and it was difficult for me to come up with new facets of my personality, instead I used each essay to throw additional light on the issues I mentioned in previous essays. For e.g. if I highlighted activity 1, 2, 3 in essay 1, I explained it with a little more detail in essay 2 and more so with essay 3. As I mentioned before I tried to answer the questions as honestly as possible, and if it is not enough then obviously Kellogg is not the school for me.

The more I think about it, the more similarities I see between Wharton and Kellogg. So that makes it easier to find that common trend in some of the schools I am applying too. Unfortunately due to the pressures at work, I have fallen a little behind on my schedule, I was to finish the Wharton draft 8 or whatever the count has reached by close of business today. Looks like I will have to drag it over the weekend, which was reserved for resume drafting and helping my recommender by filling out my recommendation template and answering any questions they might have. Ah well the essence of management is to move rapidly with changing situation. I do want to catch up with my schedule by before Monday blows in or my plans will be completely busted by these delays.

Oh and here is wishing Classy who has her GMAT scheduled for Saturday all the best. Classy go get 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home