Tuesday, September 14, 2004

What is with Kellogg?

I am sure the admission committee at Kellogg thinks they are being flexible with their word limits, but somehow this open ended requirement of (one or two pages double spaced) just doesn't help me at all. I am confused as to how many words I can squeeze into the essay. Everything is so dependent on font and size. How are the rest of you dealing with this problem? I would appreciate a comment on the font, font size, and approximate words you are using for your essays. I went through the Montauk book and the Kellogg essays were pretty much the same, and the example there goes into Pages and pages as compared to a couple of pages.

I think I am going to give the world MBA tour a miss, I am not to happy about wasting my time traveling to SFO on a busy weekday, specially if I won't be taking home anything other than brochures. I am looking for something more on the lines of Wharton Seminar I went to last time around, where I actually got to speak to the alumni present at length. Learnt something about the school and culture. From what I have heard this world MBA tour, is more like a cattle market, where there are very few alumni and people available to speak about the school and a lot of applicants who ask the same question like "Is my 740 GMAT and 3.3 GPA good enough to apply to your school?"

While I haven't worked on my resume as I planned to last week, I have managed to get all my transcripts together. Now that is an accomplishment considering the trouble I went into for it. It almost derailed my entire application strategy. So I have all the ground work ready for R1. Now all I have to do is put it together.

Okay is back to the Kellogg essays, would appreciate a note on its size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home