Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Vacation!

Yeah! Looking forward to this weekend when I fly down to the East coast. This is going to be my first time in NY city and I am looking forward to the sights. I have a pretty packed itinerary planned for the 7 days that I will spend there.

I will be trying to combine the vacation with visits to several of the schools that I am applying too. Will be stopping at Ithaca (Cornell), Boston (HBS, Sloan, PowerYogi), Philadelphia (Wharton), and offcourse NY city. Thanks to the distances involved I have my military like schedule up and ready. Hopefully there are no snow storms or closures of any kind along the journey, that would break the back of my trip. But considering the fact that I plan to make it a fun, relaxed, taking-in-the-sights kind of vacation, those things shouldn't bother me too much.

Curiously my 4 star hotel in Philadelphia is MUCH cheaper than my 2 star Motel 8 in Ithaca. What is with that business model? I was under the impression that Ithaca is a small town and cheap to boot, but if these motel prices are any indication, I am going to have to rethink that bit.

Congratulations to a couple of bloggers who received their invitations to interview with Wharton (keeping their names private till they are ready to reveal themselves). You rock guys, good luck with the interviews and may the force be with you. I would also like to add that I received my invitation to interview with Wharton. Since the Director of admissions at Wharton has decided to give the thanksgiving weekend off for the staff, there will be no interviews on campus during the break, so can't interview on this trip. I will not be able to make another trip to Wharton so will be interviewing with a local alumni.

Good luck to the folks still waiting for their interviews. I strongly believe that we will be hearing good news from more bloggers out there with their hats in the ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home