Thursday, December 09, 2004

Apprehensive

As if I did not have enough things to worry about. Just as I start to get everything under control there comes another to add to the stress. Apparently Kellogg has already started releasing its R1 results, way ahead of my worry schedule. I had initially penciled it in post January first week after I had drunk the cup of sorrow or joy based upon what Wharton and Cornell thought of me and my application. I thought the initial passage would provide me with not only an inkling of what was to come but also brace me up for the storm.

Coming very fast on the heels of that news is the first reported admit of the season. So definitely will have to move Kellogg up on the immediate worry list. Yesterday I received the fright of my life when after a long hiatus I checked my Cornell status online. The status read as "Your decision will be mailed to you", which I interpreted as a ding. It felt like the world had dropped under me and I panicked completely until Classynfun and a couple more people from BW forum stepped in to explain that it was just a regular status message that "everyone" including people who receive invitations read. So that bought down the panic a little putting me back in my original bin with the added weight of someone other than me knowing my status.

The biggest advantage of this whole business with the panic attacks has been the sharp kick I received on the seat of my pants, shaking me out of my lethargy. With a burst of inspiration and energy I cranked out one of my Chicago essays in one sitting. This was the school whose interview I felt I did pretty well on, and with that half of the battle won, I want to make sure I get the other half done right in case I fail in my other endeavors, specially considering my affinity for the program. In the draft essay that I wrote, I can see the basic nucleus of my final version. It just needs slight pruning of words before I am done, something I am pretty happy about. Definitely a step up from my old Wharton days when I took 2 months and 10 drafts to get to where I am today. Hopefully I can continue to ride this wave of inspiration (okay not inspiration but fear) to crank out all the essays in the next week or so and submit it well ahead of schedule. That will free me up for my Harvard essays.

Today is also the last date for Wharton interviews, and the news on the street is that the admissions committee will be working pretty hard to get the results of this round out for distribution ASAP. I tend to believe that considering the AdCom consists of people who probably want to spend some time with their family over Christmas too, and with R2 looming up on them, their work is never done. Some correlation from Alex on that thought. So this coming week promises to be very very exciting. Good luck to all the blogers out there waiting for updates, Swoop, Riter, Onmyway, Wakechick, Poweryogi, DaRaver, Durba and Classy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home