Friday, December 10, 2004

Forecast

... for today is foggy skies.

The weather seems to be following my mood swings. There was a storm with lots of rain for the last couple of days when it rained heavily. Today there is a dense fog where visibility is down to 40 Ft. Likewise I was pretty keyed up in the past couple of days but today I feel dull and slow. I am actually getting some work done and haven't spent more than 30 mins catching up with the blogs and forums. I sometimes wonder what I am going to do after the biggest piece of my life gets done? I have some plans to take financial and math classes beginning from the Spring term. This will help me get back into the groove for studies, while imparting valuable lessons allowing me to elect out of some core subjects. But I am putting the cart before the donkey, not to say the Wharton Admissions committee is the donkey but you get the picture.

As I lay in bed this morning, my semi conscious mind was racing through the various scenario's, evaluating options. There was a kaleidoscope of possibilities that made my head reel and eventually wake up with a dull throbbing headache. Staggered to the window and the sky outside reflected my state of mind. I am going to put everything out of my mind this weekend and only concentrate on my upcoming applications. I plan to wrap up the first draft of all my Chicago essays and start reading my Harvard application. Hopefully most of the biographic details can be copied over from my past applications to the GSB and HBS applications, and it is something I can delegate to my wife, who plans to leave me behind at home to supervise the maid when she comes to clean the house. While I have led several projects and teams in the past, and successfully navigated them towards the culmination of contracts worth millions of dollars, there is something about maids that I just can't deal with. I am usually like a dear in the headlights when they look at me and expect me to move out of the way so that they can finish cleaning. Telling them to clean under the sofa or scrub the bath tub is completely out of question. So I hope I can get away with the excuse of writing my essays and escape safely to my office where in the peace and serenity of my enclosed space I can attempt to explain to GSB why they should consider me over the other 1700 people who are competing for their attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home