Friday, December 17, 2004

Ding!

Just in case I thought I was getting too big for my boots, I received my first Ding today from Kellogg, seems like I will get news from 3 of my first round schools inside the week. I was anticipating something of this nature from Kellogg after the miserable grilling that I was subjected to during the interview. Off all the schools I applied too, this was the one I was most apprehensive about. Looking at all aspects of my candidacy at Kellogg, I thought I had some fantastic essays, a good set of credentials that certainly fell within the middle 80%ile but the one area that I really failed to shine was the interview. While I cannot attribute everything to a single interview, since it is just another data point, I have no doubt that it played a significant role in making the minds of the admissions committee.

I do intend to send a polite letter to my Kellogg interviewer advising him of ways I felt he failed to evaluate my candidacy. But that is a decision I will keep on the back burner for sometime. I just hope that this is not an indication of the response I am expecting from Wharton. That would really blow! But I am taking this setback with remarkable equanimity. Accepting the decision with a small shrug and a brief thought of what might have been.

Good luck to wakechick, swoop, britchick and all the other Kellogg applicants still waiting for their updates. I am sure you have much better things in store!

Scoreboard:
1-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home