Monday, December 13, 2004

Pre-poned

Slight pre-ponment on the Wharton R1 decision release date. Definitely a matter that has been thrashed around on almost all the blogs I read this morning. So don't want to get into it other than send a heartfelt thank you to the admissions committee. Every minute of preponement is balm to my nerves. I only wish it was pre-poned some more. My money was on the 16th, the logic? 'Preponement of One week sounds a lot better than Preponed by a day'. Kudos to Graham for calling the numbers just right. Another reason for the choice of 16th was my assumption that the decision in most cases have already been made. If that assumption had been true then, all that needed to be done was wrap up the paperwork and release the results. Obviously some more time was sought to tie the loose ends. The only question that remains is whether the Admissions committee will call people to inform them of their results and if so will they do it before or after the results are released.

On other schools, Cornell decisions are still on track to be released on the 15th. Not much of a surprise there, but the admissions committee is expected to start calling from this evening, so that should take the pressure off some lucky people atleast.

I did get around to working on Chicago's interesting essays over the weekend. The wife picked up one of Dan Brown's older books Angels and Demons so was completely absorbed in it over the weekend, while I plugged away at my Childhood hero, celebrity whose shoes I would want to steal and the Mascot. It was so interesting to get back into the essay mode after a long lay over. I completely forgot about the Wharton decision deadline and was lost in my essay world. Hopefully I can remain there for the next 8 days. To keep myself disciplined and on track, I have told myself that I will be submitting the Chicago and HBS applications in time for R2 regardless of the outcome of my R1 results. That is the only way I can force myself to work on these essays while I wait, and also with so much invested in the applications, I will find it difficult to just quit and throw it away.

BANG the noise reverberated in my room as I was writing this post. For a second there I thought someone had fired off a gun, as I looked out of my window, I saw this dazed hawk desperately beating its wings trying to regain loft. Thanks to the reflective glass walls, the confused bird flew right into the building. The impact was so loud, I felt sure that it had hurt itself badly. Imagine running slap band onto a wall at high speed, with the brittle skull and skeleton of a bird. It pulled up from the spin and managed to perch on top of the building. As I was looking at it with concern, I saw these Six crows dive bombing towards the poor hawk. I assume the crows have a nest up there and the presence of a predatory bird scares them. But this poor hawk wasn't going to budge. After 20-30 swoops the crows took off, leaving the hawk to wonder what hit it. Its partner is swooping in the sky above waiting for its mate to join in the hunt. I think I am almost as shaken by this incident as the hawk itself. I ABSOLUTELY HATE GLASS BUILDINGS! They are a menace to the birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home