Friday, January 07, 2005

Providence

What an amazing stroke of luck! I was slouched over my computer, disengaging from the work day by checking my email one last time, when I received an email from Chicago GSB extending R2 deadlines due to system outages. Now that is what I call a good omen. I jumped out of my chair, dashed home and in a burst of inspiration and energy, hammered out two essays by 3:00 am. (I probably should add that I already had drafts for those essays ready, but lacked the energy to make them speak in a cohesive manner. Also the wife had my GSB application filled out in no time flat, she just copied and pasted information from my HBS application, so another monkey off my back.)

Somewhere along the night, I realized that I would have to inform my recommenders of my new decision. As I put finger to keyboard, to type out an email apologizing profusely over my frequent flip flops, I received another email from Chicago GSB, extending the deadline for recommenders by 2 days, over and above the original extension. This was conclusive evidence of the fact that someone up there actually likes me, or at least wants me to apply to GSB! I am certainly not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, or turn away Greeks bearing gifts. So today finds me walking the corridors with a bounce and a smile of my own!

Sloan will just have to wait. With Jan 12 the deadline for recommenders there, I am not sure if I can ask my recommenders to write two recommendations in such a short timeframe. Though I am sure they at a stage where they are just copying and pasting the answers themselves. The other thing I have to consider is do I really want to go over my hard limit of 6 applications? Seven applications will probably put me in the shotgun category as compared to being the sniper. Six is already pushing the envelope. But those are thoughts for another day.

YES! Life is GOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home