Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Excuses

I was just replying to a comment left for me when a hilarious thought struck me and had to blog about it. I was thinking through my excuses for failing to garner admits in R1 from W and K when I realized I had just posted a message on why I wrote crappy applications for R2. Couldn't but laugh at my hypocrisy. And I actually believed those excuses too! :)

Excuses for R1 dings:
1. First applications I wrote, so did not have any idea of strategy or what was expected out of me.
2. Dint know any other applicants so couldn't hone my stories and use others as a sounding board.
3. R1 is extremely competitive and the people most ready apply then, so it is tougher to get an admit
4. Couldn't decide upon my schools in time so had less time to write thought provoking essays.
5. The cow ate my essay

Excuses for writing crappy R2 applications and expecting dings for the same:
1. Had everything invested in R1 applications was emotionally and creatively bankrupt
2. Waiting for R1 admits to materialize prevented me from concentrating on my essays.
3. Ennui and tiredness conspired to hold me down.
4. The number of R2 applications increases the competition to unheralded levels, whereby reducing admit chances.
5. I ate the cow that ate my essay so transitively I ate my essay.

Funnily enough, I believed in most of those excuses listed at one point of time or the other. But now with it all out of the way, it seems foolish. Ah! Blow this shit. This has been the maximum snow fall recorded in 90 years in the Sierra's! :) Time to clean those boots, buy snowshoes, shake the dust out of my hydration pack, get some pocket warmers and HIT THE SLOPES! :)

There might be a storm this weekend, in which case, will replace skiing with indoor rock climbing. My muscles are like putty after 7 months of sitting on my butt. Don't know if I can hang on to even a class II slope! But it will be fun to do something other than applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home