Friday, June 18, 2004

Phew!

Looks like the effort is back on track. I was extremely concerned about my slipping grades. Scored badly (600) in the third Princeton test I took, and kept making silly mistakes in all the topics of Verbal and Quant. For sometime I was wondering if I should quit this excercise and concentrate on my job and at some point of time in the future go for an executive MBA.

Luckily in the interim, I managed to get my hands on a Princeton Review book, and after running through the Joe Bloggs scenario, am refocussed. I seem to have figured out the technique of POE and looking for the standard "gotcha's". So hopefully the next 18 days see more of the same. I guess I lose interest when I reach my glass ceiling and that translates into bad scores because I am just not on the top of things.

I have this office on the 9th floor, where I have an absolutely amazing view of a couple of lagoons right in front of my office. There are tons of ducks and geese in the water at any given point of time. Sometimes when I look up, at the water in front of me, I see these birds trying to get airborne. It is a sight to be seen. They require this long runup before they get airborne, and during the entire process you constantly get the feeling that they are not going to make it. And just when you feel they are going to crash into the opposite shore they pull up and start soaring.

My test preperation is something like that. If I give a test cold, I usually do much worse than if I am in the rythmn. So it is very important that I keep solving problems, following the theory, and only after that will I do well. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.2jump2.com/x.php?a3 I Know what I Like, and I like it, Have a Laugh on me

December 19, 2005 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home