Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A celebrity whose shoes I would like to step in

I was thinking about the essay for Chicago, when the answer hit me. I am by all estimations a simple person, with strong passions and high goals. Would I be interested in filling the shoes of a Michael Vick? Or a Mahatma Gandhi? Or even Churchill? While all of them play/played huge roles in the lives of a lot of people around them, some how they don't relate to me. I am sure I could draw parallels from all of them. Hard work, vision, dedication, passion, etc. but somehow they just don't seem to be people I want to be.

Instead, I was looking for a person into whose shoes I would have loved to have stand in, out of whose eyes I would want to look at the world, feel the quite passions and dreams that made him change the world. Not in any grandiose way, but rather in a quite way, by moving one brick at a time. Pretty much like how I would do things. Add to that the fact that I wanted to share some goals, some dreams with such a person, made it doubly difficult for me to find that one person who I could relate too. Someone who I could have conversations with if I met him for dinner. When it struck me, I knew exactly who I admired, whose shoes I wanted to fill. :) And there was the subject of my essay, as humble and inconspicuous as ever.

Once I am done with my application process, I would love to post more about this person. Just to share why this person was special. Not just to me or any small group of people but the entire nation as a whole. Why his gift means so much for generations past, present and future. How he grew to the stature he did, despite a lack of formal education. As you can tell I am pretty excited about this essay. I was initially pretty concerned that this essay along with the one for Mascot would prove difficult for me to tackle, but getting one of the way, I can only imagine that the other will fall into place as soon as I do more research on the school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home