Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Post Long weekend Blues

I have been working on the essays for various schools over the long weekend. I am not sure if I utilized the best strategy of attacking them though. Instead of taking each set of essays one after the other, I hit all the easy ones of different schools, since I wanted more time to think about the tougher ones. Now I am left with trying to consolidate my themes and weave a common story between all the essays of a single school. Shouldn't be a problem really, just that it will require more attention on my part to ensure the story fits.

Has anyone made any headway on the Chicago essays? I seem to be stuck with some of the essays there, and if someone is in the same shoes and it up to it, I wouldn't mind bouncing a few ideas on topics and themes for these essays. I am talking specifically about the mascot essay.

The regular essays that deal with achievements and failures are still simple, even moral lessons are approachable as long as you have the right story, but mascots? Definitely the toughest essay I am writing on this season.

My long weekend wasn't as productive as I hoped it would be. There were numerous things on my 'to do' list, that remained undone, but I got a couple of solid essays out of the whole exercise. I am hoping this procrastination hasn't left me too far behind the rest of the class. It was so hot in the afternoons, that I was just too drowsy and lethargic most times to pick up the pen and paper or even think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home